The Trusted Radon Testing Service in St. Johns, Mi
Testing Your Home for Radon in St. Johns
Radon is a radioactive gas which is released when there is a breakdown of uranium in the water, soil, or rock bed. When released, this gas gets into the air and can be inhaled by everyone around it. One of the most dangerous aspects of Radon is the fact that it can’t be smelled, tasted or seen. When inhaled for long enough, radon plays a role in causing lung cancer. As a matter of fact, it is one of the leading causes of lung cancer in people that do not smoke. As a result, the only way to be aware of the presence of radon in a home is through a professional radon screening. Until a test is carried out, it can be safely assumed that every home has some level of radon.
How does Radon Get into Homes
Generally, radon gets into homes from the soil through cracks and compromises in the foundation. This is possible because the air pressure in the home is less than that in the soil.